Tuesday, September 28, 2004

18/19th September - Winding down

Just a long, dull day at the hotel. I sorted out my kit, and then just read and dozed all day. Absolutely nothing to do. Just want to go home and be with friends and family.

19th September, 2004
Up at dawn, and after the usual faffing with getting a driver, was away to the airport. This time to aeroplane was just shy of a Dakota transport and gave me the impression that it was the last one in the shop. Still, it had room for my luggage (in the nose) and made it safely to Nairobi so that was fine.

A bit more faffing about and waiting and I was aboard the plane that was going to take me home. Seat 39A (right at the very back by the galley) and I was next to Wilma. She was a very interesting person, full of inner happiness who had just been visiting relatives in Kenya. We talked about a good many subjects – mainly based on spirituality – and the whole trip passed pleasantly.

For a long time every glance out of the window would reveal only endless desert, and I have since come to appreciate just how large the Sahara really is.

At one point we passed over some off structures stuck out there in the midst of nowhere. They looked like large, black hexagons joined to each other like a peculiar game of Blockbusters. I have no idea what they were, but the didn’t look like farms to me.

We landed at Heathrow pretty much on time and I was the door at 7pm to meet Kim. After a very minor faff involving the Departures Hall we were soon in the car and away.

Boy, am I glad to be back. But what an adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home